The Best Absolutely Free SEO Resources
We’ve scoured the internet, so you don’t have to, looking for the best completely free SEO resources out there. No email submission, registration or account set-up required.
If you're trying to increase traffic to your website, SEO, or Search Engine optimization, will be part of your marketing plan. So, why is it important and what does it look like for your bottom line? Using SEO and internet marketing strategies can result in increased traffic, inquires, and ultimately clients. Below are ten absolutely free resources to try.
1. Want to know more about your referral traffic and which websites are linking back to your site? Try this free backlink checker from Ahrefs. It allows an unlimited number of checks per day, and you can view the top 100 for free. Monitoring the quality and quantity of your backlinks can improve your domain authority and help you rank higher in search engines.
2. Use this free Website Authority Checker from SEO Review Tools to check your own domain and page authority scores and those from your backlinks.
3. Want to get an idea of your Social media engagement compared to your competitors? Try this free tool from SharedCount. Not a lot of bells and whistles here, but you can do a side by side comparison of your competition to see where you stand. Social media indirectly affects your SEO ranking. When more people share your content it’s a signal to search engines and could factor positively into your website ranking.
4. Slow websites result in poor user experience, and may hurt your SEO. This PageSpeed Insights tool from Google scores your website and provides suggested areas of improvement.
5. Websites that aren’t mobile friendly can be penalized by search engines. Check your site’s mobile-friendliness with this Mobile-Friendly Test from Google.
6. Try this fun keyword search tool from AnswerThePublic. You get three free searches every day. An optimized website will speak the same language as its potential users.
7. Stay in the know with Google Trends tool. Knowing what people are searching and what’s currently trending will help you find new ideas for content. If you can stay on top of or even ahead of the trends you can land a spot at the top of a search engines page before a keyword becomes mainstream.
8. Right Relevance has another free tool that can help you with content creation. It enables you to search by subject and will show you influencers and related articles. You can also sort by location.
9. Want to get an overview of your traffic, how you rank, and compare to competitors? Then try this free tool from Similarweb. It will show your traffic locally and globally and number of visits to your site over a period of time. Don’t forget to compare with your competitors. They will provide a list of possible competitors to choose from or you can enter your own. Your website traffic, in particular your direct traffic, signals that your domain has high authority and value.
10. Last but not least, a treasure trove of over a hundred SEO tools from Small SEO Tools. Enjoy!
Did you find these resources useful? Let us know about other free tools you use @keydabrainc